ANDY MAHR +
- 2007 PDN Photo Annual
- 2008 Commarts Arts Fresh Section
- 2012 Communication Arts Photography Annual
- 2012 Archive 200 Best Ad Photographers Worldwide
- 2013 PDN Photo Annual
- 2014 Archive 200 Best Ad Photographers Worldwide
- 2014 One Eyeland Best of the Best Photographers
- 2014 Communication Arts Photography Annual
- 2015 Archive 200 Best Ad Photographers Worldwide
- 2015 One Eyeland Best of the Best Photographers
- 2016 One Eyeland Best of the Best Photographers
- 2017 Communications Arts Photography Annual
- 2017 Archive 200 Best Ad Photographers Worldwide
- 2018 Archive 200 Best Ad Photographers Worldwide
- 2019 Archive 200 Best Ad Photographers Worldwide
- 2020 Archive 200 Best Ad Photographers Worldwide
Andy Mahr has an extraordinary way of intertwining beauty and grit. He photographs hardworking men and women, the salt of the earth, who become his everyday heroes. No matter what project he shoots, Andy highlights these unsung heroes with an approach that makes the images feel timeless and nostalgic.
Andy cut his teeth in the industry as an art director and worked his way up the ranks to creative director. In 2008, he made the full transition to photographer and never looked back. His invaluable experience has been a great resource and he is highly collaborative, always adding conceptual ideas to the project and taking it one step further. Andy is able to speak the language of his clients from their point of view. It is very natural for him to work on integrated campaigns that involve still and motion.
As a certified drone operator, he knows how to glorify dramatic landscapes. Whether it’s a farmer in the field, a fisherman at sea or a soldier combat training in the U.S. Marines, Andy flourishes in making each project feel powerful and spectacular.
Andy is based in the Hill Country near San Antonio, Texas.
Since he made the complete transition to photography he has since worked with such notable client brands as BASF, Timberland Pro Series, Nestle Purina, Nike, Bell Helicopter, Texas Tourism, Reebok, Timberland,Toyota, RAM Trucks, United States Marine Corps, Gatorade, Chick-fil-A, California Tourism, Go RVing, Childrens Hospital of San Antonio, Russell, Austin Tourism, Harley-Davidson, Toyo Tires, Nationwide, PG&E to name a few.